Friday 1 June 2012

Funny = Sexy? Oh God, Yes!


Now, we all know that on most people’s lists (& those personal ad things that we all have a private giggle it, come on, you know you’ve done it) of what they’re looking for in a potential ball & chain...err, I mean relationship, is the good ol’ GSOH (Good Sense of Humour.) But with most women it is usually just a case of not seeming shallow.
It reminds me of a joke of Jasper Carrott’s – he mentioned the same thing, that most women were just looking for someone with a GSOH and he stated that even though they say this, if he and Brad Pitt were to walk into a bar, that most women would then throw that out of the window and head on over to Mr. Pitt’s direction! Naturally.
But then, there’s women like me, who genuinely do mean it and wouldn’t touch Mr. Smarmy over there with a ten foot wooden leg (I can’t stand Brad Pitt!) and would much rather spend the evening chatting to the lovely Mr. Carrott who was another one of those hilarious, lovely men that I always used to look forward to watching when I was a kid.
99.9% of my "celeb crushes" have been on comedians, in fact, my very first celeb crush was Bob Mortimer when I was just 6 or 7 years old and I still adore the lovely little munch kin’ – the “hots” for his partner in crime, Mr. Vic Reeves also sprung on me surprisingly a few years back too, after years of watching him and finding him gut bustingly funny, it suddenly hit me that I really wouldn’t mind him in my bed either....Big Night Out did it, he is genuinely beautiful there. Give me a time machine and send me back to 1991 and I swear to god, he’d be mine.
..................Oh sorry, daydreaming there for a minute...where was I? Oh yeah, funny men...what is it about them that I find so attractive? I couldn’t tell you to be honest, all I know is that I find them irresistible.  But don’t get me wrong, I still have standards, some random hobo coming up to me and making me giggle wouldn’t make me want to marry him. But I wouldn't go much lower than that to be honest.

I think it may be because I have such admiration for comedians that naturally I would find them attractive. Maybe it’s the charisma of being able to wow and amuse an audience, maybe it’s the cuteness of someone a bit ‘wacky’ or ‘quirky’, maybe it’s the thrill of that hidden, dark nature that many comedians seem to have.
Whatever it is...funny to me is just IT when looking for a guy, but I have to admit, it hasn’t led to the most successful relationships for me. Mainly due to that ‘dark’ side I mentioned, maybe it’s because I’ve got those characteristics as well and we clash...either way, it has got me into a lot of trouble in the past, yearning and wanting the ‘funny guy’ – it’s never turned out too well. It has also lead to me falling for the wrong person on many occasion, boy, hasn’t it...but I can’t stop it, it’s like a natural reaction for me & the connection I feel to those types of people is always worth it, I wouldn’t want anything less. 

And my family and friends have always found this amusing; I’ve had it all ‘Funny whore - laugh hag....’ 

You’d think all this complicated heart break and teasing would put me off the world of men who can laugh me into bed, but no...(I’m quite dumb and blind where all that kissy kissy, smooch woochy stuff is concerned anyway, you see) and I still stand by the fact that I probably will end up marrying a comedian one day.....

But I will draw the line at clown suit bondage on our wedding night.......

No comments:

Post a Comment